Several components can ideally display content from sources across the web. The goal is to make available tools to enrich Wikimedia projects with then. Possible scenarios include
- Find PD or openly licensed images for a topic in different image repositories, based on all the available data in Wikidata (labels in different languages, aliases, time, location, authority data, other related information)
- Match metadata fields to Wikidata or SDC properties.
- Instantly save image metadata without reconciliation as text. Provide opportunities to associate them with Wikidata items.
- Save and share metadata field mappings for later use or for use by others.
- Detect similar images in different repositories
- Compare and consolidate metadata from different sources.
- Store metadata statement sources and create data provenance based on that.
- Manage copyright status for images based on information about creators.
Search criteria for different media types
Image search is ideally based on
- Item label in the current language > must be changed to read the most suitable label.
- Native label
- Aliases > Which languages
- Item location > must be made more contextual
- Item date
- Names of historical administrative entities
- Zoom level / scale
- MediaWiki API
- Wikimedia Commons
- Wikimedia Commons API help - MediaWiki API
- Images from Finnish museums
- Publications from Finnish libraries
- Finna API documentation
- Old but still somewhat useful Finna API documentation
- CC licensing data available, prepared for RightsStatements
- Flick API Docs - Includes useful API Explorer
- Paris Musées
- Creative Commons Search, Openverse
- Internet Archive
- Images from Topotheks submitted by local people
- Linked Data Finland
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|