Creating items manually while browsing
- User searches for a topic in the search box
- A list of possible topics is shown in the pulldown menu
- If the right topic is not displayed, the user may choose to create it
Note! This will not be realized for the time being. In the initial version local articles can be written but links cannot be made.
- In the article, the user notices a topic that has not been linked
- She highlights the word
- This creates a search pulldown
- The user may navigate to a page displayed in the pulldown.
- The user may create a new item. The item is created with a pre-filled label.
Through content components
- Images component
- Image depicts this topic option for each image uploads the image file to Wikimedia Commons and creates a structured data statement depicts referring to the current topic.
- Image is by this creator option uploads the image to Wikimedia Commons and creates a structured data statement creator referring to the current topic.
- Uploading an image your own image. Creates a data item and uploads to a selected service.
- Favourite image. Creates a data item and links it to a personal collection.
- Add image. Saves the image metadata and lets modify it.
- Exclude image from the result set. Creates an image item and lets modify the metadata (the reason to exclude).
- Event timeline > Adds an event to the current topic. Depending on event type, the value of the event is either just a date and location or a separate item with all properties.
- Newspaper article > Adds a newspaper clipping or makes a search to add clippings. To be defined.
- Reference publication > Add ISBN, URI, DOI etc. to add a publication and present a form as fallback. Follow Citoid for Wikidata development. Save publication to Wikidata, link to topic in Wikidocumentaries.
- Reference to a fact > Same as for above reference. Save publication in Wikidata, reference details to the fact in Wikidocumentaries (and Wikidata, if the process is the same). Chapter, date, page, item in a database or page in a website.
- Geolocating tool will allow to create a new location if it does not exist
- Identification tool will allow to create a new person if it does not exist.
Some intelligent features to build
Location can use a minimum input from the user. It may be one of these
- Coordinates -> Can yield street address, city, country
- Street address -> Can yield coordinates, city, country
- Known location (in Wikidata) -> Can yield coordinates, city, country
- Known geographic location -> Can yield city, country
- City yields country
- Only country if no other info is present
Sources can be automatically retrieved from ISBN / DOI / url / Wikidata ID
- Date retrieved will automatically be added
- Additional data can be manually added here or later
- The data will be saved (locally/in Wikidata?)
Creating topics in the Wikibase interface
It is always possible to switch to Wikibase view and add and edit items. Navigation for that is needed.
Mass creating topics
It will be possible to configure external tools to upload to Wikidocumentaries
- OpenRefine. Follow the development in...
- QuickStatements. Has been configured for FactGrid. See documentation in...
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|