What is a gallery?
A gallery is a display format. It shows items arranged in a row or a collection. The item can be represented by an image, but it does not always have an image.
The gallery can be shown together with a timeline or a map or both.
The gallery can represent for example
- People (individuals)
- Organisations and groups. Companies (shops, restaurants, businesses)– families/households – crews – teams
The items are shown based on linked Wikidata items. Additional items can be shown following links via related Wikipedia categories for validating and importing to Wikidata.
The design of a gallery
- Item gallery – A gallery represents items. An item is displayed with a gutter between items.
- Image gallery – Images are shown as a continuous mat.
- Textual – A gallery item consists of text only.
- Image optimised – the text content is displayed in as compact manner as possible uniformly across gallery items.
- Varied – Gallery items have varying content and will be displayed in the best possible manner for each item:
- Text over image
- Text beside the image on a single-colour background
- Text only on a single-colour background
- Buttons, menus and indicators are used depending on the need of the content module.
- The layout may be varied between components (text in the upper/lower part, button used/not, buttons placed in the upper/lower part)
- person / event / place / work / organisation
- based on connecting properties
- Person: Last name, (first name)
- Time of..
- Person: Birth, death
 Display Gallery / + Map / + Timeline / List
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|