The visitor gets to view images related to the topic from open repositories. She can like an image, view it in a separate viewer window. She can remove images that are not related to the topic. An image with activity is registered in the database and made available for upload to Wikimedia Commons. For the time being, images module is different from the Gallery module, as the Images module focuses on single images, whereas galleries contain items.
- Select sources
- Wikimedia Commons
- Internet Archive
- Suggest a source
- Other possible filters
- Select content types (Images, video)
- Select based on image qualities (Size, colour, orientation)
- Select based on identified types (portraits, group photos, scenery, maps, stereographic...)
- Facet by related classes (Works by, Images of etc)
- Select all / Select none
- Remove from this topic
- Tag with...
- Filter. The result set can be sorted and filtered. The adjusted sort/filter criteria will not be saved.
- Filter by
- Timeframe (start, end)
- Facets: Creator, source (platform), source (institution)
- Filter by
- Sort by
- Dynamically retrieved images from Wikimedia and memory institutions in a tiled layout
Image controls & indicators
- Hover - View title and indicators. Use gradient shadow in the background.
- Click - Open image in media viewer
- Ellipsis - Actions. Any action will add the image metadata to Wikidocumentaries.
- Edit image metadata > Open Image metadata editor
- Geolocate the image > Open Geolocating tool
- Discuss the image > Start Discussion
- Select to a collection > Open Collection chooser modal
- Identify people, places, date... > Open Identification tool
- Download image > Open Download modal
- Copy caption > Open Caption modal
- Speech bubble - Indicates discussion > Join Discussion
- POI - Indicates geologation > Open Geolocating tool
- Question mark - Indicates unidentified people > Open Identification tool
- Star - Default empty star > Open Collection chooser modal
- Cross - Remove from result set, add to black list
- External - View in original location
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|