Project parts & components status
In the pipeline
Ready to go
- Image grid upgrade
- Adding APIs
- Header content options: Single image, series of portraits, slideshow
- Missing article placeholders
- Missing image placeholder
Low hanging fruit (dependencies)
- Image curation by making an image action (First actions, Wikibase ready to go, methods to write)
- First action could be selecting the main image from the results (image save mechanism and metadata mapping)
- Removing from a result set (Persistent menu design, Wikibase ready to go, methods to write)
- Image viewer with metadata mapping, no zoom (metadata mapping, Wikibase ready to go, methods to write)
- Gallery of people, works, events (UI html, methods, queries)
- Search via selecting text or redlinks (front coding for the selector)
- Create language menu to articles (query available languages)
- Medium-like article formatting for reading (Vue code available, design for page behavior.
- Creating the article index for search engines (list of items to include, more mature topic page, link structure settled)
- Create image collections (user data, collection UI)
High priority with blockers (blocker)
- User account creation (combatting spam, user data storage)
- New local topic creation (federation)
- Local articles (Installing Visual editor, modifying the functions to serve linking, federation blocks linking)
- Allowing user submitted images (storage location, user data)
4 November 2018
- Presented at GLAM-Wiki. The slide deck was started for that presentation but it keeps on evolving.
- Hack4FI, co-development with the National Archives and Finna. Focus on sections: Bibliography, Building plans, Family tree, Correspondence, Rephotography, Historical maps
- Wikidocumentaries will be present at WikiCite, focus on the Bibliography section for that.
15 September 2018
- Blog released at http://blog.wikidocumentaries.io
- Application for the Kone Foundation prepared.
- Upcoming presentations: GLAMwiki 2018
- Upcoming events: Vantaa photography walks 13, 20, and 27 September. Rauma rephotography safari 22 September.
- Finna + Wikidocumentaries UX workshop 21 September.
11 September 2018
- Workshop at Maria 01 to decide on the initial data structure
- Ongoing collaboration with Wiki Loves Monuments with rephotography
8 June 2018
Wikidocumentaries workshop on June 12, Maria 01, 00180 Helsinki
26 May 2018
MVP, minimum viable product for the first iteration will include (this will be discussed with the team and the community):
- Data modelling (corresponding items and properties with Wikidata, API definitions, user generated data, local properties, namespaces)
- Creating topics on-the-fly and one-by-one
- Including articles on the topic page, substituting the links with local links
- Display infoboxes on the topic page
- Display images from external archives on the topic page
- GDPR compliance
24 May 2018
The project will start developing this environment first as a plain MediaWiki, but aim for a completely independent front-end during 2018.
There will be a separate Technology page describing the technological goals of the project.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- Localise MediaWiki for your language
- Learn how to combat spam on your wiki
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|