Here's the structure of the topic page.
The visitor browses the site based on the topics in includes. Each topic forms a page. When the user clicks on a link that has a Wikidata entry but not yet a page in Wikidocumentaries, that topic and page is automatically created. The user can create new topics.
- User settings link
- Language selector
- Other options
- Siteinfo and related disclaimers
- Logging in and registering
- Simple search / SPARQL search
- New topic
- Add media
The header displays the topic title in the user’s language. It also displays a title image, related users and groups, temporal limits of the displayed topic and a follow button. The user can add missing translations.
- Header image / animation / video
- Related users and user groups
- Time constraints of the topic
- Favouriting button
- Title with quick edit option to fix missing translations etc.
The visitor can read a corresponding Wikipedia article, where the links links lead to pages inside the Wikidocumentaries site. The visitor can navigate to Wikipedia
- View/edit in Wikipedia
- Create missing article (in Wikipedia / in Wikidocumentaries) if no article can be displayed.
- View in another language
- Translate to user's language
- Expand article to new window (or modal or stretch area)
- Excerpt from the Wikipedia article of the topic in user's language
- A link in the article links to a Wikidocumentaries page. When the topic exists in Wikidata, but the page does not exist in Wikidocumentaries, the page will be automatically created when clicked. A redlink from Wikipedia cannot be interpreted, and it may either be removed or it links to an intermediate page asking which page to create. The user could also create new links by selecting text and hitting a “Create link” button. That would lead to the same intermediate page.
An infobox created from Wikidata, where the links link to pages inside Wikidocumentaries. The values can be edited in WIkidata.
The visitor gets to view images from open repositories related to the topic. She can like an image, view it in a separate viewer window. She can remove images that are not related to the topic. An image with activity is registered in the database.
The topic is displayed on a map. A historical map can be displayed as a background layer. Different sets of items can be displayed on the map.
The code for the page will be created the Mockup subpage.