THIS PAGE IS OUTDATED
The site reads topics from Wikidata. It stores additional topics in the local Wikibase.
When federation with Wikibases becomes available, we can start using this technology. Local items will use Wikidata properties to define the local topics and link to either local or Wikidata items.
Installing and updating Wikibase
MediaWiki Extensions needed
- Login stuff
Local items and properties
In addition to topics, Wikidocumentaries stores additional data:
- API definitions of various repositories where Wikidocumentaries expects to find content.
- Image metadata for "saved" images
- Collections data
- Local articles. Articles are created in different languages and linked to the Wikibase items as local articles.
- Projects data. Users will publicly belong to the project
- Institution data. An institution is a user like an individual, but we may want to distinguish between the requirements for persons and organisations. We need to find the right way of doing this.
- User data will need to be stored partly openly on user-created public-facing pages, but for the personal data inside the system.
Initial data import and input
- No need to import anything initially. Wikidocumentaries would merge local properties with Wikidata properties, and local items with Wikidata items in searches, gadgets etc.
- Import all properties from Wikidata
- To reference items in Wikidata, it is possible to make a lookup in Wikidata and save the item locally with a reference to the Wikidata item
Anything below this line has not been updated
- The scope of automatically created item may at some point be defined as a Shape Expression, which will probably be stored in the Federated Wikibases registry. This definition can help add whole thematic areas at once in a coordinated manner.
- The newly created items in Wikidocumentaries can be automatically imported to Wikidata, when they meet a certain criteria. This can also be expressed as a ShEx.
- Similar approaches will be investigated about Structured Data on Commons
See more about Creating topics
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|