Several components can ideally display content from sources across the web. The goal is to make available tools to enrich Wikimedia projects with then. Possible scenarios include
- Find PD or openly licensed images for a topic in different image repositories, based on all the available data in Wikidata (labels in different languages, aliases, time, location, authority data, other related information)
- Match metadata fields to Wikidata or SDC properties.
- Instantly save image metadata without reconciliation as text. Provide opportunities to associate them with Wikidata items.
- Save and share metadata field mappings for later use or for use by others.
- Detect similar images in different repositories
- Compare and consolidate metadata from different sources.
- Store metadata statement sources and create data provenance based on that.
- Manage copyright status for images based on information about creators.
- GLAM makes available images and their metadata.
- The metadata is normalized using different transformations for each GLAM.
- The metadata from different GLAMs is displayed in a uniform format in the Wikidocumentaries metadata display.
- When an image is saved to Wikimedia projects, users can reconcile string values with Wikidata items. String values can be saved as well, they are available for reconciling later.
- In the Wikidocumentaries metadata interface, the string values are replaced by Wikidata reconciled items. Disparities between the source data from the GLAM and Wikidata can also be highlighted.
Search criteria for different media types
Image search is ideally based on
- Item label in the current language > must be changed to read the most suitable label.
- Native label
- Aliases > Which languages
- Item location > must be made more contextual
- Item date
- Names of historical administrative entities
- Zoom level / scale
- MediaWiki API
- Wikimedia Commons
- Wikimedia Commons API help - MediaWiki API
- Images from Finnish museums
- Publications from Finnish libraries
- Finna API documentation
- Old but still somewhat useful Finna API documentation
- CC licensing data available, prepared for RightsStatements
- Flick API Docs - Includes useful API Explorer
- Paris Musées
- Creative Commons Search, Openverse
- Internet Archive
- Images from Topotheks submitted by local people
- Linked Data Finland
- Map Warper
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|