Difference between revisions of "Article"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Wikit small en.png
Wikit small en.png
Wikit redlink small en.png
Wikit redlink small en.png
Revision as of 14:40, 22 July 2020
There are two types of articles in Wikidocumentaries.
- Collaborative created topic's main articles are discussed on this page.
- Articles created as memoirs by one person are discussed on the testimonials page.
Displaying an article in the topic page
- As a user I can read a main article about the current topic
- If the topic exists in Wikidata, the article to be displayed or added should be in Wikipedia.
- If the topic exists in Wikidocumentaries only, the article is stored in Wikidocumentaries.
- Wikipedia article
- View/edit in Wikipedia
- The icon can also be the Wikipedia logo
- Item in Wikidocumentaries – article in Wikidocumentaries
- Enable the use Visual Editor locally to edit the article and links. It will need to be modified to meet the local needs.
- Missing article
- Currently a missing article action is directed to the language Wikipedia. It produces an error in cases where there is no language Wikipedia. An intermediate step would be useful where the article names could be decided according to the target Wikipedia's practices before directing to the article creation page.
- When displaying items that exist in Wikidocumentaries only, the article would also be created in the local wiki. Later, when the local item gets imported to Wikidata, the resulting articles could be imported or merged with Wikipedias. This is a very difficult challenge, and a notification might be enough for volunteers to do the merge manually.
- List of links to all articles language version regardless of user settings or site translations.
- All languages are displayed in a scrollable list
- Display a link to Content Translate, when displaying the article in another language, and the user's language article does not exist.
- Tasks of picking the links in the text and adding to Wikidata
- Button is placed below the article. When clicked, it displays the full article and moves the Wikidata block to the end of the article.
Wikipedia / Wikidocumentaries
- Wikipedia article about the topic when the item exists in Wikidata.
- Wikidocumentaries article of the topic when the item exists in Wikidocumentaries.
- The article is initially displayed in the user's language.
- Message if the article does not exist in the user's language but exists in another
- Message if the article does not exist in any language
- Message if the user wishes to see an automatically created article. With Abstract Wikipedia, the article can be automatically created from facts.
- Option the set a language fallback chain and use it for articles
- When expanded, the article displays images and tables. Many templates remain unreadable. Images could open full-screen like this https://fat.github.io/zoom.js/. Exists for Vue for example https://popmotion.io/pose/learn/vue-tutorial-medium-style-image-zoom/, https://codesandbox.io/s/github/francoischalifour/medium-zoom/tree/master/examples/vue?view=preview
- Links in Wikipedia articles are redirected to Wikidocumentaries pages based on Wikidata QIDs. See linking.
- Problem cases in Wikipedia: Page redirects, links to other namespaces than articles.
- Red links are currently not displayed as links. They could trigger a label search function in Wikidata. The same method could be applied for arbitrarily selected text. The resulting link could be saved for adding to the Wikipedia article, but it would be useful also without saving. This would be some kind of annotation mechanism, see also W3C Web Annotation recommendations.
Local articles for topics that only exist in Wikidocumentaries are created in Wikidocumentaries.
- All language versions of a Wikidocumentaries article are stored as separate wiki pages in Wikidocumentaries.
- Articles will have entries in the Wikibase to be able to connect them to different topics and language versions or they can be added using the modified sitelinks feature.
- Navigating the articles in different languages in the Wikidocumentaries MediaWiki needs a solution to connect them together.
- The user should be able to use a modified Visual Editor to edit (local) articles. It needs to be modified to support bespoke linking. This is a more general federation need.
Wikidocumentaries article data
What is the data to be saved about an article in Wikidocumentaries database.
- Topic articles
- Topic id
- Language id
- Article location (If the articles are arranged in a hierarchical tree structure, then an additional title will be needed. Should be more flexible that way.
- Translatable title
- Testimonial articles
- Depicted items --> Could also investigate existing Wikidata properties
- Depicted date
- Depicted location
- Author (these are not collaboratively editable). The link to a user is not a Wikibase entry for privacy reasons unless made public --> How to handle. Start with an easy solution.
- The article should be translatable (local file to local file), preferably with Content Translate.
- Visual editor should be extended with a gadget that can make links based on Wikidata entries rather than local wiki links.
- Wikibase should be able to maintain an index of translations of an article. Can sitelinks be recycled?
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|