Geotagging photos is based on the work done in the Ajapaik.ee project. Ajapaik is a web app for geolocating images in a gamified manner and an Android app to do it on the move. The plan in the Wikidocumentaries project is to use the Wikidocumentaries framework for reading and writing images.
The NYPL Surveyor user interface may be modified for use in Wikidocumentaries.
- Images are viewed in the topic page images module, an images browser page or an image viewer. Images are also present in articles.
- In each view there will be access to geotag an individual image.
- The geotagging interface includes a split view of the zoomable image and the zoomable map.
- The user places the camera, the target and the camera angle on the map.
- The image metadata is saved locally, added with the geotagging data.
- The user contributions will accumulate, and methods of verifying best locations may be developed.
- The image metadata will either be imported to Wikimedia Commons.
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|