The same search component is used throughout the service with slight alterations.
- The search searches Wikidata for exact matches and presents the options in a pulldown.
- A result row contains one line for the title and another line for the description.
- A row can also contain an image for the topic, and display an icon for the item classification. This would require an item class ontology.
Additional options will be included as links in the end of the pulldown
- Create a topic launches the Create topic modal.
- Show more displays more search results in the pulldown
- Show all results displays all search results in a Search results module or page.
Other topic pulldown uses
There will be a topic pulldown for
- Red links
- User selected text
- Keywords in the Image viewer
- A search field will be needed with the pulldown to be able to arrange and modify the search term.
The landing page can be made to respond to the location of the user. The page can display topics from the vicinity.
Useful source literature
Hildebrand, Michiel et al. The Design Space of a Configurable Autocompletion Component. CWI, 2007. Print.
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|