The bibliography section will display sources related to the topic, and allow adding and organising them. The section is a combination of user generated entries and automatically generated lists from connected repositories, that the users can curate. Eventually users could transcribe scanned documents and make the transcribed text available for reuse in Wikidocumentaries.
- National archival sources / dynamic content with image excerpts, curation
- National bibliographic sources / dynamic content, curation
- User submitted
- Items are read dynamically, the content of the items resides in original locations.
- Source references are attached automatically to topics, and the users may remove the references if appropriate.
- Users can add new source references from Wikidata using a Citoid-based gadget.
- If a source publication does not exist, it will be created in Wikidata, if possible.
- The link to the source publication is linked into the topic data in Wikidocumentaries with added data for page etc.
- Users may make excerpts from the source material and display them on the topic pages. They are saved in Wikidocumentaries and linked to topics they refer to.
- Standardised citation format
- Cover image
- Image excerpt from bitmap source material
- Availability data from national sources
- Add - Link a reference work to this topic
- The imagined Citoid-based gadget will look for an existing entry in Wikidata or create a new entry in Wikidata.
- Display formats: Bibliographic reference standard, Show availability, show excerpts etc
- Source repositories: Finna etc
- Source types: Book, e-book, magazine etc.
- Source repositories: Finna, Wikidata etc.
- Publication time
- Search: Free text
- Create an excerpt / transcribe
- View in original location
- Remove from this topic
- Copy citation
Ideas to develop
- BiographySampo has references from source literature to people with mentions.
- How does transcription happen? Can Transkribus be connected?
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|