- 1 Project parts & components status
- 2 20 June 2019
- 3 4 November 2018
- 4 8 October
- 5 15 September 2018
- 6 11 September 2018
- 7 8 June 2018
- 8 26 May 2018
- 9 24 May 2018
- 10 Navigation
Project parts & components status
Updated 20 June 2019
- Topic page
- Navigating via Wikidata items
- Display articles
- Article translations menu
- Article placeholder for missing articles or translations
- Reading images via APIs
- Translations into TranslateWiki
- Gallery of people, works, events (UI html, methods, queries)
- Timeline exists in a preliminary version
- Map component exists and can be developed further
- Reads historical map layers
In the pipeline
Ready to go
- Header content options: Single image, series of portraits, slideshow
- Filter or downgrade extra large images from the Image grid display
- New visualisations using SPARQL data (graph visualisations, geographic shapes and points, family tree, statistics, time series of politicians, rulers etc., containing entity gallery or other type of visualisation)
- Table of contents for a page
- Right to left support in the interface
High priority with blockers (blocker)
- Geolocating tool (local data storage, communicating with sources and Wikimedia Commons)
- User account creation (combatting spam, user data storage modelling in MediaWiki)
- New local item creation (user accounts for editing, federation for using Wikidata properties)
- Local articles (Installing Visual editor, modifying the functions to serve linking, federation blocks linking)
- Allowing user submitted images (define storage location and retrieval, user data)
Low hanging fruit (dependencies)
- Image upload from results to Wikimedia Commons (write methods to Wikimedia Commons, provenance management)
- Image metadata comparison and save into Wikimedia Commons (write methods to Wikimedia Commons, provenance management, local save methods)
- Image curation by making an image action (First actions, methods and data structure to save)
- First action could be selecting the main image from the results (image save mechanism and metadata mapping)
- Removing from a result set (Persistent menu design, methods and data structure to save)
- Search via selecting text or redlinks (front coding for the selector)
- Medium-like article formatting for reading (Vue code available, design for page behavior.
- Creating the article index for search engines (list of items to include, more mature topic page, link structure settled)
- Create image collections (user data, collection UI)
20 June 2019
Past and future presentations
- Presentation accepted to Sharing is Caring in Stockholm 16–17 September
- Presentations proposed to Wikimania Stockholm and WikidataCon, Berlin
- Presented at Aalto Heldig DH Pizza 26 April
- Presented at Creative Commons Global Summit 2019, Lisbon
- A pilot will start with the Vallila Community Garden Museum. Historical plants, maps, aerial footage, interviews and a cultural historical study will in the scope of the pilot. A key challenge is how privacy and consent to publishing are handled. The timeframe for this is the rest of the year 2019.
4 November 2018
- Presented at GLAM-Wiki. The slide deck was started for that presentation but it keeps on evolving.
- Hack4FI, co-development with the National Archives and Finna. Focus on sections: Bibliography, Building plans, Family tree, Correspondence, Rephotography, Historical maps
- Wikidocumentaries will be present at WikiCite, focus on the Bibliography section for that.
15 September 2018
- Blog released at http://blog.wikidocumentaries.io
- Application for the Kone Foundation prepared.
- Upcoming presentations: GLAMwiki 2018
- Upcoming events: Vantaa photography walks 13, 20, and 27 September. Rauma rephotography safari 22 September.
- Finna + Wikidocumentaries UX workshop 21 September.
11 September 2018
- Workshop at Maria 01 to decide on the initial data structure
- Ongoing collaboration with Wiki Loves Monuments with rephotography
- 11 September 2018 technical workshop, see running memo
- 8 September 2018 Seminar Punkaharju in photography and rephotography safari
- 20 July 2018 Rephotography safari of historical images of Savonlinna in collaboration with the Provincial Museum of Savonlinna. Images in Wikimedia Commons and in Ajapaik.
- 29 June 2018, Suolahti Old Railway Station event. Collecting memories of Akseli Gallen-Kallela in Suolahti.
- 12 June 2018, Wikidocumentaries technical workshop, Maria 01
8 June 2018
Wikidocumentaries workshop on June 12, Maria 01, 00180 Helsinki
- 8 June 2018, Participating in the Scanathon at the National Archives. The Wikidocumentaries project gets to borrow a prototype scanning tent for the summer workshops. This will result in a TENT TOUR in Finland!
- 4 June 2018, Presentation at the Nordic Local History Seminar
- Digital Humanities in the Nordic countries, paper, slides by Susanna Ånäs
- 26 February 2018, Wikidocumentaries kickoff, Kone Foundation Chamber
26 May 2018
MVP, minimum viable product for the first iteration will include (this will be discussed with the team and the community):
- Data modelling (corresponding items and properties with Wikidata, API definitions, user generated data, local properties, namespaces)
- Creating topics on-the-fly and one-by-one
- Including articles on the topic page, substituting the links with local links
- Display infoboxes on the topic page
- Display images from external archives on the topic page
- GDPR compliance
24 May 2018
The project will start developing this environment first as a plain MediaWiki, but aim for a completely independent front-end during 2018.
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|